Monday, November 15, 2010

Chapter 9

After a morning of getting teased by their Dads, Malachai, Logan, and Jordan left to meet Caleb.  Jordan was right.  It only took a cup of coffee apiece for them  wake up enough to think music.  They met at Caleb’s house where they practice in the garage.  Jordan sang with Malachai on guitar, Logan on bass, and Caleb on drums and it was like something clicked.  Logan was perfect.  Logan was exactly what they were looking for.  “Fucking A, man!  Caleb said.  “Who the fuck is this?” He pointed at Logan with one of his sticks.

“Dude, we already told you, this is Logan Moyer”, Jordan told him.

Caleb looked at Logan.  “DUDE,  you play JUST LIKE YOUR DAD.”

Logan looked at him as though his nose was growing as he spoke.  “I like to think that I’m my own player and that my Dad was a big influence on my style.”

“Well, he taught you well, whatever the case it”, Caleb said.  “I’m only a portion of the vote, but I say you’re in.”  Malachai and Jordan echoed Caleb.

“Sweet!  Did you guys want to rehearse a little bit before we go our separate ways or do we just want to part company?” Logan said.

“Let’s not worry too much about rehearsing until you’re moved up here, Logan”, Jordan said.  “That way, we have pretty much all day to focus on what we’re trying to do and so that we can really work out the kinks in whatever song we play.  And while we’re waiting on you to get moved up here, Malachai and I can talk to our Dad and see if we can use the basement studio in the house to cut a demo.”

“Not only does she sing and look cute as hell, but she’s smart too?” Caleb said is a laugh

“I’m an enigma, Caleb.  You’ll never figure me out so don’t try”, was her only reply.

--------------

Logan walked into the house looking a little bummed.  John looked at him with puzzlement.  “What’s the problem, son?” he asked.

Logan cracked a huge smile.  “Nothing, I got the job!”

John laughed.  “You really had me going there for a minute, Logan.  Do you think it’s fun to give your old man a heart attack?”

Logan laughed.  “It’s not that it’s fun to give your heart attacks, it’s more that it’s fun to fuck with you every now and then.”

David laughed at John.  “Brother, I do through it all the time.  Starting with Malachai and working the way down to Jessi and Marc.”

“I’m still wondering how you do it with 10 kids, David.”

“It’s not without its challenges.  Thankfully, I have a beautiful angelic woman who I swear to you has the patience of a saint.”

“Dad, we’re standing right here”, Jordan said.

“I know, Jordan.  I haven’t forgotten that you and your brother are standing there.  Now, if you’ll  all excuse me, I need to find my wife and Jacob.  Jacob is going to have to convince his mother and I that it’s worth it to send him to that stupid camp in Chicago.”  David finished the tea in his glass then headed out to find his wife and Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment