Friday, November 26, 2010

Chapter 23

As they stepped off the stage a young man in a Letterman jacket reached out and pulled Jordan off the steps.  Malachai and Logan were quick to jump into action.  "Mother fucker, let her go!" Logan yelled.

"And what if I don't want to?" the boy asked as Jordan fought to get away form the boy."

"My bassist and I are going to whip your ass, that's what", Malachai said,  "That's my little sister your man handling."

The more Jordan struggled the more the boy got excited one well placed kick made him drop her like a box of hot rocks.  Jordan pulled her heeled foot back and planted it in the boys groin.  "Take that, mother fucker!" she said after her feet hit the ground.  "You don't get to touch me, you piece of shit."  She looked at her big brother and cousin..  "Come on boys", she said, "let's go home.  I'm tired and this rock star in training needs her beauty rest."

Malachai looked from Jordan to Logan and back his little sister.  "You heard her, boys.  Let's get the hell out of here before someone ends up in jail."  He wrapped his leather jacket around Jordan's shoulders and lead thom to the van that they were using to transport all of their equipment.  Malachai and Jordan were familiar with the van.  It was the van that they made their move from the final safe house to the house they now called home in.  Their parents had since commissioned a vehicle big enough to carry the entire family, and now Malachai himself could drive, effectively taking a huge burden off of his parents.  He tried to help out everywhere that he could.  Once they reached the van,  Malachai looked at Caleb and Jordan.  "Jord, you stay here and sit in the van. Caleb, stay here with her.  Logan and I will move all the equipment back to the van here."  He and Logan walked off as Jordan got in the front seat and waited for her brother and cousin to laod the equipment into the van so that they could leave.  "Stupid jocks", she thought.  "When are they going to get the hint that I'm not just some stupid little tart that they can get a little rough with and I'll let them do what they want to do.  I'm the daughter of a fucking rock star.  I'm so far beyond their reach that it's not funny. One of these days, these bastards will understand that."

--------------

It didn't take long for them to get the equipment loaded and for the band to take off.  Malachai dropped Logan off at his apartment and Caleb off at his parent's house then headed home.  Jordan stared out the window the entire trip.  Right as Malachai crossed the city limits, started humming.  "What are you humming, sis?" he asked.

She paused and looked at her brother.  "You gonna scat it while I sing?"

"Depends on what you're singing."

She tapping out a beat on the dash board and Malachai laughed.  "Alright Jordan, take it away."

"Release me!   RRRAW!  No remnant were ever found of it, Feeling the hot bile with every fake smile, Though no evidence was ever found it never went away completely, I try to hide from the unholy sound of it, Another day gone, Another night's dawn, Dark forces pull me underground and never went away completely!


"How can I feel this empty, I will not recover this time, the loneliness is killing me!


"Will I ever know peace of mind again, I don't believe it, I can't achieve it, I think it all is just another sign it never went away completely


"Terror is coursing in me, Dreading the moment where I have to be, And fell you DIE


"In Asylum (I live a lie), Don't you know I'm in love with you and I wasn't ready for Asylum (Relive a lie), To let go now it's dragging me into your grave, Your Asylum (Forget the lie),  Overcome and the feeling that I won't get to join you in time, For the loneliness is KILLING ME!!"

Malachai scatted along as his sister sang as he pulled into the driveway.  "Death's images are all around again, They're right behind me, They're gonna find me, Judgment for the immortal sin that have enveloped completely!  I know I'll never know a peaceful night again, Afraid they'll hear me, They don't fear me, Punishment for the immortal crime, The debt was never paid completely


"Terror is coursing in me, Dreading the final moment where I have to be, And feel you DIE", they got out of the van after Malachai grabbed the video camera and ran for the door as she continued to sing, bursting through the door as she sang the chorus


"In Asylum (I live a lie), Don't you know I'm in love with you and I wasn't ready, for Asylum (Relive a lie), To let go now it's dragging me into your grave, your Asylum (forget the lie), Overcome and the feeling that I won't get to join you in time, For the loneliness is killing me


"In the end there wull be no suffering (more suffering), In the end we will find out everything (not everything), In the end you may question your belief (what belief), In the end you will realize someday how you were saved!  This has gone on too long (Too long!), No more demonic dreams, Destroyer come to light, Because the memory is killing me!


"In Asylum (I live a lie), I let go now it's dragging me into your grave, For Asylum (We live a lie), Overcome and the feeling that I won't get to join you in time, This world is not fulfilling me


"Don't make me live in Asylum, I live alive, Don't want to live in Asylum, I live a lie, Don't me live in Asylum, I am a LIE!"

Jordan and Malachai heard applause as they shut the door behind them.  They turned to see their entire family sitting in the living room clapping for them.  "Bravo!" their mother called.

"Encore!", their sisters all yelled.  Their brother's all echoed.  They looked at their father, who just clapped and smiled.

"What did you think, Dad?" Jordan asked.

"That was interesting.  I've never thought of scatting WHILE I sing.  I wonder how that would work", David mused.  He then shrugged, then looked at his other children and shouted over the excitment in Hebrew.  The younger children all stood, told their mother and father good night, then went to bed.  David smiled as Maddie picked Jessi and Marc up, one in each arm, and carried them up the stairs, then looked at Jordan.  "Same goes for you, Jordan Hannah.  To bed, now.  You can celebrate your first gig tomorrow."

"But, I don't want to go to bed, Dad", she said.

Brie and David looked at the oldest of their girls.  "Now, Jordan", David said.

"Do as your father says, Jordan", Brie said.

She sighed, realizing that she was out numbered.  "Yes, sir.  Yes, ma'am.  I'm going to bed", she grumbled under her breath.

"I'm going to go on to bed myself", Malachai said.  "I'm pretty tired from the show and I'd love to get some sleep."

"Alright, 'Chai", Brie said as she curled up against his father's side.  "Oh, could you pick Jake up from the airport tomorrow?"

"No problem, Mom.  What time does his flight get in?"

"He's SUPPOSED to get in at about 1:30", David said, " but, you know how your Uncle Danny is."

"Always the procrastinator, I know.  I'll be waiting there by 1:30."

"God boy, Malachai, and thank you for your help", David said as he picked up the remote and hit the play button on the DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment