Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chapter 20

Jordan smiled at her father.  "Thanks, Dad.  Can I do 'My Immortal' now?"

David laughed.  "Let me do some stuff in here real fast, and you can lay that song down too."

She smiled.  "Thanks, Dad!"

David did what he needed to do to prep for a new recording and spoke to Jordan over the intercom.  "Ok, Jord, it's all you."

She played the introduction to the song she was going to sing.  "I'm so tired fo being here, Suppressed by all my childish fears, And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave, 'Cause your presence still lingers here, And it won't leave me alone

"These wounds won't seem to heal, This pain is just too real, There's just too much that time cannot erase

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears, When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears, And I held your hand through all of these years, But you still have all of me

"You used to captivate me by your resonating light, Now I'm bound by the life you left behind, Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams, Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

"These wounds won't seem to heal, This pain is just too real, There's just too much that time cannot erase

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears, When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears, And I held your hand through all of these years, But you still have all of me

"I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone, But though you're still with me, I've been alone ALL ALONG!!!

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears, When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears, And I held your hand through all of these years, But you still have all of me.."


After she finished singing, David spoke over the intercom.  "Where the hell did that come from, Jordan?"

She looked at her father through the glass.  "What are you talking about, Dad?"

David laughed and shook his head.  "Nothing, Jordan.  Just bring yourself out of that booth so that we can get Malachai in there to record the guitar part to one of your original songs."

--------------

After a day of being downstairs working with Jordan, Caleb, Malachai and Logan, David went upstairs to grab a bottle of water only to hear arguing in the living room.  "Maddie, if you're going to get anywhere in life, you don't need to let Jordan and Malachai corrupt your dreams with their own", David heard Jacob say.

David hid on the other side of the wall and listened to what Maddie had to say in return.  "Jake, I'm happy for 'Chai and Jordan because they're pursuing what they want to do and they've got great a mentor in realizing their dream in Dad.  You're being a prick, Jake.  I'm sure that if I asked, Mom would teach me about massage, or she'd send me to Auntie Angela.  Where you're mistaken is where you assume that I'm letting them corrupt my dream.  I'm being a good sister and supporting my big brother and sister in what they're doing.  You could stand to do the same thing unless you don't want support when you go into Med school", Maddie replied.

David couldn't take anymore.  He went into the living room.  "Maddie, sweetie, could you excuse your brother and me for a moment.  He and I need to talk."

Maddie smiled at her father and gathered up the things she was working on.  "Sure thing, Dad."  As she walked past him, she placed a kiss on her father's cheek before walking up the stairs to her room.

David stood and looked at Jacob with his arms crossed over his chest.  "Jacob, I have one question for you.  What is your problem?"

"I don't' know what you mean, Dad."

"You spend all your time bitching about Malachai and Jordan's band instead of being supportive of them like a brother should be.  All you care about is Medical School.  I understand that you want to be a doctor, but do you have to be a prick while you're trying to get into Med School?"

Jacob stared at his father.  "I just don't understand why you and Mom are so supportive of their flight of fancy.  Just because YOU'RE a rock star doesn't mean THEY'RE going to be rock stars.  I would think you being the singer of Disturbed would hurt them more than help them anyway."

David sighed.  "I understand what you're getting at, Jake, and you're probably right.  My name will more than likely hurt them more than help them.  But, you like it when everyone throws their support behind you when you have something big going on, right?"

"Well, yeah, it shows me that my family is behind me no matter what."

"Maybe you ought to try doing that for Malachai and Jordan if you want support from them again.  Show them that you're behind them 100% instead of criticizing them every chance you get."  He shrugged.  "Just food for thought, Jake."  He walked up the stairs to find Maddie.

--------------

David knocked on Maddie's bedroom door.  "Come in, Dad!" she called.

He opened the door and walked into the room.  "How ddii you know it was me?"

"I've made it a point to know everyone's knock.  And your knock is unique, Dad.  Now, what can I do for you?"

David just looked at his ten year old daughter.  "If you say so, Maddie.  Anyway, when you walked off after I asked you to leave, you looked like you wanted to say something, but you didn't.  I just came up to see what you wanted to say."

She shrugged.  "I really don't remember, Dad.  I kissed your cheek and headed up here... Oh, I just wanted to say that I love you and you're the best Dad EVER!"

He laughed.  "What do you want, Madison?"

"I want to go to Reckless Disregard's first performance when they get their first gig.  Please, Daddy?"

He laughed harder.  "Why don't we wait until the actually GET a gig, then you can ask your mother and me together.  You know, at the same time."

She giggled.  "Yes, sir.  I can wait until then."



No comments:

Post a Comment