Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chapter 25

Over the next couple of weeks, Reckless Disregard sat back and enjoyed the feedback from the party.    The day after the show, Logan and Caleb went over to the Draiman house and watched the video of the show.  “Jordan, you sang ‘Serpentine’ wrong”, David pointed out.

“Shit.  I know, Dad.  I caught it, but it’s not like I can go back and correct myself in the middle of the song.  I think I did it right the next time, though.”

David hummed along with the music as he listened to the kids play.  “You got it right the next two times.  Just remember if you do that song again, it’s ‘You seemed as hot as the light’.  I know it sounds like it’s the other way, but it’s not.”

“Yes, Dad.  I’ll remember that next time.  I should have remembered it this time.  ‘Serpentine’ is one of my favorite songs.”

“Are there any of your Dad’s songs that AREN’T your favorite, Jordan?” Caleb asked.

She flipped him off from where she laid in the floor, not taking her eyes off of the TV.  She was engrossed in her performance.  She wanted to know where she needed to improve and what she should leave alone.

Caleb, ever being the douche bag, decided that he was going to sing along out loud after David restarted the video.  “Let me enlighten you, This is the way I pray!” he howled.

“Caleb, shut the hell up”, David said over the young man’s screeching.

Caleb looked over his shoulder at David.  “But, Mr. Draiman…”

“No.  Just… NO.  Don’t sing.”

“I’m not THAT bad, am I?”

“Caleb, don’t make me take you outside and throw you in the pool”, Jordan said, still staring at the TV.

“You wouldn’t”, he gasped at Jordan.

“Try me, fuck face.”

“He’d be better off in the hot tub”, Malachai mumbled under his breath.

“No, no, you don’t want to do THAT to Caleb”, Brie laughed.

“Mom, there’s not a child that lives in this house over the age of 10 that DOESN’T know what you and Dad do in that hot tub.  That’s why we want to throw Caleb in there.”  David spit tea all over the people laying in the floor in front of him as he laughed.  “Thanks for the shower, Dad.  Just want I needed; a sweet tea treatment for my hair”, Jordan laughed.

--------------

Later that afternoon, Jordan went with Malachai to pick her twin brother up from the airport.  “I wonder what kind of trouble Jake got into while he was at that thing in Chicago”, Jordan laughed.

“I bet he got laid and he didn't want to tell Mom and Dad”, Malachai chuckled.

“Didn’t Mom walk in on you?”

“She did, but that wasn’t my first time.  Now, I’m not going to lie, my first time was that night.  The girl was  I with wanted to go back to my house with me and we’d screwed maybe three other times that night.  Mom walked in on me getting a morning quickie.”

“’Chai, can I tell you something and you keep it between you and me?”

“Sure, little sister.  What’s wrong?”

“I’m not sure I’m straight.  I don’t really like boys.”

Malachai shrugged.  “Do you like girls?”

“A LOT more than I like boys.  Do you think Mom and Dad would freak out?”

“Fuck no.  Mom’s bisexual and Dad’s a rock star.  Why would they care?  I’m sure they’ll just look at you and shrug.  Mom might even go so far as to ask if you have a girlfriend.”

“You think so?”

“I’m almost positive.  All Dad told me when I got caught was to use protection and lock my door when I have a female in the house.  It was all either of them could do to keep a straight face.”

“Should I tell Mom and Dad when we get home?”

“That, little sis, I can’t tell you.  That’s totally up to you, Jord.”

“Thanks, ‘Chai, you’re a great big brother.”

--------------

When they got home, Jake went straight to his room to unpack, promising tales of his extracurricular activities at the program he was in.  While Jake unpacked, Jordan took her parents aside.  “Mom.  Dad.  I have something to tell you.”

“Ok”, Brie said.

“I’m a lesbian.  I have NO attraction to guys whatsoever.”

David and Brie exchanged a look, then looked back at Jordan and shrugged.  “You’re telling us something we didn’t already know, Jordan?” Brie asked.

“What?”

“Parent’s have this sixth sense that tells us when our kids are hiding something whether they know it or not.  You’ve always been uncomfortable around boys unless they’re your brothers or cousins, Jordan.   I think your mother and I are just glad that you came to this realization BEFORE you tried to have a steady boyfriend to make us happy”, David said.

“And, most importantly, Jordan, your father and I love you no matter who you’re attracted to, be they male or female”, Brie said with a smile.
Jordan smiled brightly at her parents.  “Thanks Mom and Dad.  I hoped you would understand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment