Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chapter 82

“What is that shit eating grin on your face for, David?” Mike asked him.

“I was just thinking of someone that always puts a shit eating grin on my face, Mikey”, he retorted.

“Of course he’s thinking about Brie, Mikey”, John said.  “I’d walk around with a shit eating grin on MY face all the time if I got a weekly massage from MY wife.”

David laughed.  “Hey, laugh all you want, assholes.  You and I both know that if you had to opportunity again to have Brie give you a weekly massage, you’d ALL jump on it.  But, that’s not why I’m wearing this stupid grin.”

“You were thinking about the amazing, mind blowing sex?” Dan asked.

“No.  I was thinking about Friday night after she and the kids get up here.  We’re going to have a ‘date night’.  It’s something we rarely get to do.”

“And you’re going to get laid that night, David.  None of us is stupid”, Mike said with a laugh.

“Well, obviously I’m going to get laid that night.  It’s called being romantic.  Maybe you should give it a try, there, Mikey, and Tina would give you some more often”, David laughed back.

“Hey, now.  We’re not talking about MY love life.  We’re talking about yours.”

“Maybe we should examine Mikey’s love life.  Or should I say, lack thereof.”  David was having fun playfully ribbing his brother.  They sat on their lunch break and joked like they always did.  They were acting like family.  But, lunch ended and it was time to get back to work.

--------------

“So, Jordan and Malachai.  I couldn’t help but notice that you both share a very well known last name.  You two aren’t related, are you?”

Malachai laughed.  “Yeah, we’re related.  Jordan’s my little sister.”

“Really?  SO, Jordan, what was it like growing up with a brother like Malachai here?”

“Interesting”, she responded.  “He’s always been the one to keep me out of trouble, or to stick up for me if someone was picking on me.  Well, him and our brother Jacob.”

“Ok, so, about your last name.  Are you two seriously related to the GREAT man that is David Draiman of Disturbed?”

“Yes”, they said in unison.  “We’re his kids”, Jordan finished.  “Though we’re using the family name now that we have a deal, we’re trying to do Dad proud.  And, I’ll admit, yesterday I had one of those ‘open- mouth- insert- foot’ moments.”

“Uh- oh.  What did you do, Jordan?”

“I went off on the reporters at our press conference.  I’m not usually that rude.  Our parents DID teach me how to be coothe and respectful.  But, yesterday, those questions struck a nerve with me.  I don’t know why, but, I do apologize to the reporter that I called, ‘ignorant as- insert f- bomb here’ yesterday.  That was very wrong of me and I do know better than that.”

“You got your ass chewed, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, by both of my parents.  I’m the only member of the band that’s not old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes- not that I would, they’re disgusting- but that means that I’m still living at home and Mom and Dad will still yank me from the tour.  And, to be perfectly honest, they’d have be justified if they had.”

“How old are you, Jordan?”

“I’m 15, almost 16.”

“Whoa, you’re young.  Probably the youngest person I’ve ever interviewed.”

She shrugged.  “It happens, I guess.”

The DJ turned his attention to the boys.  “So, you guys are all over the age of 18.  How many of you are in a steady relationship?”

“I am”, Malachai and Logan said.  “I’m actually married with a set of twins”, Malachai continued.

“Boys?  Girls?”

“One of each.”

“And how does your rock star dad feel about being a grandpa?”

“He loves it!  He dotes on my kids.”

“And you, Logan?”

“I’ve got a long time girlfriend that I’ve been with for a few years now.  Just found out like two days ago that I’m making MY rock star dad a grandpa too.”

“And your dad’s none other than John Moyer of the same band?”

“That’s correct.”

“Does he KNOW he’s expecting a grandchild?”

“Not yet, though if he hears this interview, I’m sure he’ll find out and I’m going to get a phone call later.”

“So, Caleb, you’re the ONLY one of the guys that’s NOT dating and you’re the ONLY member that’s not the child of a rock star.  How do it feel?”

“I’m cool with it.  The Draiman’s have practically adopted me into the family.  David jumps my ass just like he does his ten kids.  I’m a member of the family.”

The DJ’s eyes grew wide as he looked back to Jordan and Malachai.  “You have eight other siblings?”

“Yeah.  Remember that other brother I mentioned earlier?” Jordan said.

“Yeah, Jacob, right?”

“Yeah.  He’s my twin.”

“Whoa!  What a revelation!  Jordan Draiman of Reckless Disregard is a TWIN!”

She laughed.  “That’s right.”

“So, Malachai, Jordan, can you give us all the names of your siblings after the break?”

“Let me call our mother during the break and make sure she’s ok with that before we just go right on ahead and do that.  Neither of us wants to get our asses chewed again”, Malachai said.

“You heard it here, folks.  We may just be learning the names of the mysterious Draiman children after the break.  So, while Malachai calls home to see if we can learn the names of his brothers and sisters, we’re gonna play their first single.  This is ‘Unholy’ by Reckless Disregard.  You heard it here first on the Edge, 107.7 FM”.

---------------

Brie was cleaning up the house when her phone rang.  “Yes, Malachai.  You can give your sibling’s names on air.”

“You knew what I was calling to ask?”

“I’m listening to the broadcast on my laptop as I clean the kitchen.  And, I’ll be sure to tell your father when he calls later that Jordan has done exactly what we told her to do; she did what she could to make it right.”

“Great.  Thanks, Mom.  Jordan told me you called earlier.  Did you want to talk to me about something?”

“I did at the time, but, from what I understand your Dad got a hold of you and ripped into you real good.  I’ve got nothing to add.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t make sure Jordan didn’t put her foot in her mouth yesterday.  After Dad ripped into me, I realized that I should have done a better job of it.”

“Apology accepted.  Now, get back in there and finish your radio show.”

“Yes, ma’am.  Love you.  Tell Mandy and the kids I said hi and that I love them too, please.”

“Will do, and I love you too, Malachai, even though you’re a total kiss ass.”  She hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment