Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chapter 32


David snuck out the other side of the back stage and went to Brie and Amanda.  When he spotted them, he jogged over and told Brie what Malachai had said.  “Actually, I hadn’t planned on it just yet, but now that he mentions it…”

 David could see the wheels in her mind turning.  “Brie, don’t even think it.  You didn’t let me embarrass Jordan so don’t even dream of embarrassing Malachai”, David said.

“Aww, but I was just gonna show off the baby pictures”, she laughed.

“No, and that’s finally.”

“Aww, come on, Big Daddy”, she begged playfully.

“No.”

She snapped her fingers.  “Damn.”

“Maybe another time, Mrs. Draiman”,  Amanda said with a smile.

Finally, Malachai and Jordan came over to where their family was standing.  “Dad, are fans at your shows this fucking crazy?” Malachai asked.

“They’re insane.  What happened over there?”

“We were signing the t-shirt, the pictures, the CD covers, girl’s boobs- you name it!  I think I even signed a guy’s ass.  It was really cool”, Jordan said.

David laughed.  “That all sounds really familiar.  I think we went through all that when Disturbed first got started.  It’s been so long ago, I really don’t remember.  I know we still sign boobs if a girl flashes them at us.”

Jordan gasped.  “Mom, did you know that?”

“Yes, Jordan, I did know that, and I’m okay with it.  I know who he’s climbing in bed next to when he’s home and who he wishes he were crawling in bed next to when he’s on the road and I’m not with him”, Brie said.

“And that makes it ok from him to sign boobs?”

“In my book, yes.  I’m  ok with your father signing boobs when he’s on tour.  And girl’s asses too.”

“You’re the best ever, Mom.  I hope that I can find a woman like you”, Malachai said.

“Speaking of women, Malachai, this is Amanda, you’re study buddy from school”, she said.

Malachai looked at the young woman standing next to his mother.  “Hey, you did make it.  You’re even more beautiful than your picture”, he said.

“I told you I wouldn’t miss your performing”, she said with a smile.

“What did you think?”

“You guys were awesome.  Jordan, you sound like a female version of your father.  You were amazing up there.  And you look the part too.”

“Well, thank you”, Jordan said with a smile.  “I’m glad you enjoyed the show.”

“Malachai, you were just plain awesome.  Logan has shades of his dad in his playing, but he’s very much his own man on that bass.  And Caleb… I don’t know what’s going on with him, but his playing is interesting.”

“He calls it ‘nuevo- primitive’.  It’s got the tribal feel to it, but it’s still really new age at the same time”, Malachai explained.  “It fits out style.”

“Well, whatever works.”

“How about you guys all go and enjoy the park.  I’m about to send Jake a text to tell him to bring your younger siblings here so that we can take them home”, Brie said.

“Does that include Maddie?” Jordan asked.

“No.  Maddie and Jake will be staying here until you guys come home.  We’re taking the quads, and Jessi and Marc home so that they can get some sleep”, David said as he pulled his wallet out of the back pocket of his jeans.  He held out two one hundred dollar bills.  “One for each of you.  Spend it wisely.  Jake and Maddie have their money.  Now, get the hell out of my sight for a while”, he said, shooing then away.

Brie rolled her eyes and laughed.  “You’re so mean sometimes, baby.”

“Only when I need to be.  So, what do we want to do once we have the younger kids home and in bed?” he said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

“You’re broadcasting again, honey”, she responded with a laugh, then pressed her lips to his in a gentle kiss.

------------------

After taking the younger six children to their parents so that they could go home, Jordan, Maddie, Jake, Malachai, Amanda, Logan and his girlfriend Dani all walked they fair grounds looking for something interesting to do.  They’d ridden a bunch of the rides and played a bunch of the games.  Jordan spotted a ski ball game and just had to play.  Maddie challenged her to highest score does the other’s chores for a week and Jordan accepted.  They paid for the game and started their ski ball challenge.

Just as Maddie and Jordan were throwing their final balls, a creepy looking guy came out of nowhere and reached for both of the girls, making contact with Jordan’s rear just before making contact with Maddie’s.  Malachai saw this out of the corner of his eyes and saw red.  No one touched his little sisters and got away with it.  Malachai pushed himself up from against the side of the booth where he was propped up talking to Amanda and launched himself at the man.  After tackling him to the ground, Malachai proceeded to plant elbow in the guys face and not giving him the chance to fight back.  Malachai was going to take his fucking head off.  “You piece of shit, NO ONE touches my sisters!” he screamed in the man’s face as he pummeled him.

Logan wrapped his arms underneath Malachai’s and pulled.  “Come on, cuz, the cops are coming.  You’re about to go to jail.”

“Then I’ll go to jail”, Malachai said, continuing to beat the hell out of the man beneath him after shaking Logan off.

Logan pulled Maddie and Jordan back away from the fight, then he and Jake tried to pull Malachai off of the man.  When the cops arrived, the fight was finally broken up.  “What happened here?” a female officer asked once they got Malachai peeled off the man he was beating the hell out of.

“That dirty mother fucker touched my little sisters, that’s what happened, so I beat the fuck out of him”, Malachai responded.

“I’m going to need your ID, son.”

Malachai pulled his ID out of his wallet and handed it to the officer.  As she did what she had to do, Malachai gave Logan some very detailed instructions.  “Logan, take Maddie, Jake, and Jordan home.  On your way to my house, call my Dad and let him know that I’m going to jail for beating the hell out of a guy that touched Maddie and Jordan’s asses and that I’ll need bailed out ASAP.  Then, once they’re home and Dad’s heading to the jail, wait for me in my room.  Take Amanda to my house as well.  Got it?”

“Yeah, ‘Chai.  I’ll get everyone to your place nice and safe after they’re done with us”, Logan said with a curt nod.

After the officer was finished with what she was doing and the man that Malachai assaulted was hauled off in an ambulance, Malachai was hand cuffed and put in the back seat of the cop car.  “Malachai Draiman, you are under arrest for first degree assault.  You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law.  You have the right to an attorney.  If you cannot afford one, one will be provided to you at no cost.  Do you understand these rights?”  Malachai just nodded, then the officer got in the car herself and drove off.


--------------

Logan was on the phone as they loaded into the van and headed out of town.   The phone ringing woke David from a dead sleep.  “Hello?” he asked sleepily.

“Uncle David, it’s Logan.  Malachai just got arrested.”

“Repeat that, Logan.  I thought you said Malachai’s been arrested.”

“I did say that.  Some creepy mother fucker came up behind Jordan and Maddie and grabbed their asses.  Before he could do anything else, Malachai was on him like white on rice, Uncle David.  Beat the hell out of the guy.  He had to be taken to the hospital.”

“What do we know about the guy that Malachai beat the hell out of?”

“Not much.  If the cops know something, they didn’t  say anything.”

“Alright.  Was he taken to city or county?”

“City.  It may have been the county fair, but it was city property that the fight occurred on.”

“Alright, Logan.  I’m getting dressed and I’m heading to the jail to bail Malachai out.  Are you bringing everyone home now?”

“Yeah, Amanda included, at Malachai’s request.”

“Not a problem.  She seems like a nice enough girl.  Just get my kids home and I’ll go get my oldest son.”

No comments:

Post a Comment