Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chapter 67


David and Brie allowed a family celebration for Reckless Disregard’s record deal.  Logan went and picked up Dani from their apartment for the party.  It wasn’t going to be anything big- just a simple pizza party- but the kids had earned it.  Anyway, pizza in the Draiman house was a treat.  Brie enjoyed cooking too much.

After he and Amanda woke up, Malachai went into house to get her something to eat.  “Why doesn’t she just come into the house?” Maddie asked.

“Because she’s not feeling well, Maddie.  She got up this morning to go to the bathroom and fell back onto the bed”, Malachai explained.

“Sounds like the same problems I had with Jake and Jordan”, Brie said when she came back into the kitchen with her arms full of pizza boxes.  “And let me guess, she insists in doing things like cleaning the house and all that good stuff, isn’t she?”

“She sure is.  The vertigo was too bad today.  The house isn’t bad; just a little cluttered.  She won’t let me clean.”

David laughed.  “Where does THAT sound familiar from?”

“You know how hard headed I am.  It takes an act of Congress to get me to slow down.”

“And each of our girls gets their hard headedness from you.”

“No, they’re bull headed just like their daddy.  Our boys are stubborn like me.”

David laughed.  “Instead of arguing, why don’t we just take mutual responsibility?”

She set the pizzas down on the counter of the island and walked around to her husband.  She snaked an arm around his neck and looked him square in the eyes.  “What are you going to do to convince me?”

“Oh, I have to convince you.  What do you want me to do to convince you?”  She stood up on her toes and whispered in his ear.  “Oh, really?” he asked as an eyebrow raised.  She continued to whisper.  That ought to be fun”, he laughed.  And still she whispered in his ear.

“Mom, Dad, really?  Do you have to do that shit right now?” Jordan asked.  “I mean, I’m trying to eat here.”

“Then go eat in the living room”, David said to his daughter.  Brie was running her tongue around the outside of his ear.  “Why are you doing this to me?” she asked her.

“Because it’s fun”, she whispered back in a sexy voice.

“You’re an evil little minx, you know that?”

“That was the goal.”

“Why am I not surprised?”

--------------

After her parents disappeared upstairs, Jordan asked Logan and Dani to help her with her homework.  After that was all said and done, Jordan complained.  “Why?  Why do they have to do that when we have company?”

“Because, Jordan, one, Dani, Caleb and I aren’t really company anymore.  Hell, I don’t think I’ve really ever been anything but family.  And, two- and this is really the more important of the two reasons- it’s their house.  They can do whatever they please.”

“Just think, Jord, here in a few years, we’ll be old enough to move out and do whatever the hell we chose in our houses”, Jake offered up as comfort.

Jordan sighed.  “But that’s not for another three years.  I just wish that they would show some sort of restraint.”

“They don’t have to, Jord”, Dani said.  “They’re adults and it’s their house.”

“And I hate it!”, Jordan bellowed.

--------------

That night as she laid in her bed, alone, Jordan fantasized about what her first time would be like.  She dreamt about what it would be like to taste a woman for the first time; to have a woman stir her the way her mother stirred her father.  Dad’s a lucky guy, I have to admit that.  They’ve been together for about sixteen years and they’re still so in love.  I wonder if I’ll ever find a girl that does for me what Mom and Dad do for each other.  She pictured her dream girl- long flowing hair, pale eyes, perfect skin.  As she lay there, her hand traced down the front of her body to a most sensitive spot.  Her fingers dipped down to tease at that hidden jewel and she bit her bottom lip and she sighed softly, but long.  She teased and teased at that little pearl until it was too much and she felt release for the first time.

--------------

Malachai couldn’t have been happier than he was with the beautiful angel laying by his side.  One nights that he couldn’t sleep, he would just lie there and watch her sleep.  She was beautiful.  She had a glow about her that he’d only seen a handful of times in his now nineteen years.  It was the glow of motherhood.  The glow that only pregnant women got as they carried their child to term.  As he held her against him, he felt a swell of pride in his chest.  I’m going to be a father in about four months.  I can’t believe it.  I wonder if Dad felt this way when he’d watch Mom sleep during her pregnancies with Jake and Jordan, and Maddie.  I guess I’ll have to ask him at some point.  And so, lost in his thoughts, he pressed his lips to her cheek.  “I love you”, he whispered to her, then settled into the bed and let himself drift off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment